- New Scout Dues Policy: In preparation for Troop 339's Re-Charter (i.e., registering Scouts and Adults for calendar year 2018),
we ask that you bring your son(s) dues current through 30 June 2018, not later than 31 October 2017.
The Troop Committee decided to require dues payments be made semi-annually, to coincide with re-charter process.
- POPCORN Sales: Keep an eye out for information on Popcorn Show n Sell Opportunities.
Along with our Popcorn Show & Sell at Bass Pro Arundel Mills on Sept. 30th we're now schedule
for a Show & Sell at our local Giant next Sunday, Sept. 24th 11am-3pm. Contact Chris Soraparu at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BSA Medical Health Forms: Per BSA guidelines all scouts are required to have health forms on file (Parts A & B only)
for trips/events 72 hours or less). If you have not already filled out the
Medical Forms Part A&B,
please submit as soon as possible to your trip coordinator(POC).
You can also submit to any Assistant Scoutmaster or Committee Member.
We keep the forms in a medical binder that all trips coordinators have access to.
Thank you for your cooperation!
- RECHARTERING - YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING: All Adult Leaders are required to have updated Youth Protection Training
for the Troop to Recharter. Please check the date of your last YP Training and make sure your renewal date is in 2019,
if it is not please renew your training Youth Proection Training"
- New Boy Scout Requirements are mandatory as of Jan 1, 2017. For more information, look here
- Summary of the major changes:
- Number of required camping nights has increased
- Number of required service hours has increased
- Emphasis on physical fitness has increased
- Scout is now its own rank
- Boy Scouts are required to tell about their duty to God at each rank
- The new requirements are listed here.
- Here is a side-by-side comparison of old and new requirements.
- HELP Needed: Troop 339 is Scout-led, but we still need adults to step up and fill the following positions: Scoutmaster and Troop Committee Chair.
Please ask any Committee Member or Assistant Scoutmaster if you are interested.
- Thanks to Mr. Uy for volunteering to be Membership Coordinator, Ms. Gibson for volunteering to be Training Coordinator and
Mr. Mardiros for volunteering to be the Webmaster.
- Upcoming Trips and Activities (see also Troop 339 Event Calendar)
- Sept 23-24 Wilderness Survival - Camp Spencer
- Sept 27 Philmont Deposit $600 Due
- Oct 25 Philmont Payment $600 Due
- Oct 28-29 Sandy Spring Adventure Park Camping
- Nov 4-5 Philmont Prep #4 - Gathland State Park
- Nov 10-12 Camporee - Broad Creek Memorial Scout Reservation
- Upcoming Service Projects
- Oct 8 - Fight for Phoebe - 2nd Annual Memorial Fun Run/Walk - More infomation at: Phoebe Ward Memorial
||We meet at Woods Memorial Presbyterian Church, Baltimore and Annapolis Boulevard, Severna Park, Maryland, Wednesdays, 7:00 p.m.
List of Eagle Scouts
List of previous Scoutmasters
Troop 339 Event Calendar
All dates/times/locations are subject to change. Look for announcements for each trip.
Weather Related Cancellation Policy: The Wednesday evening troop meetings will be cancelled if, for weather related reasons, the public schools either close early or are closed for the day. School late openings do not affect our meetings.